On March 25, 2023, a boy named Mahir Kabir was home alone and felt extremely full after overdosing on chips, noodles, biscuits, cake, pizza, water and various sodas. He didn’t think much of it, and told his friends that he was “deading”, after that it kept getting worse to the point he had to dial 911, here’s a typed out recording of his conversation with the call-taker:
Call-taker: 911 what’s your emergancy
Mahir: HELP ME, I’M DEADING
Mahir: YES, I ATE TOO MUCH FOOD
Call-taker: Remain calm, can you please define “deading” for me?
Mahir: JUST SEND HELP I’M GOING TO DEAD SOON IF YOU DON’T!
Call-taker: They’re already on their way. When you say you’re deading, do you mean dying?
Mahir: I THINK SO, *barf*
The call was unexpectedly cut after what sounded like Mahir Kabir throwing up. 5 minutes later, the paramedics arrived to his house, however the door was locked. After knocking several times, the firefighters had showed up and broke the door down, where they later found Mahir Kabir laying on the ground, gasping for air, he was immediately rushed to the ER at Brampton Civic Hospital. They later found that 2 pounds of noodles, chips, and biscuits were stuck in his esophagus.
“I’m shocked at how he even ate that much, he drinks a lot of water, but I didn’t know he could eat that much food!” said his mother.
After the media got hold of this incident, they immediately created a new slang word, “deading” which means dying so fast, and so horribly. Mahir Kabir has thankfuly recovered from this, and here’s what he has to say.
“The food was just so good, I couldn’t stop, but I advise anyone reading this to stop eating when they’re full, or you might just have a case of deading.”
Police are now investigating whether there was something in the food that made Mahir want to keep eating, we’ll update you on that as soon as possible on Channel 46 News.